Saturday, February 22, 2020

Ibotta - The Best App For Free Cash In Store and Online

How are people still not using Ibotta?  I'm going to assume it's because you have never heard of it. Ibotta is an awesome app that gives me cash back for my in store and online purchases.  I used it as much as I can and have racked up a nice little chunk of cash.
Now what to spend it on... Shoes, shoes, shoes.  My mind is telling me no, but my boday, my boday...

When I first blogged about Ibotta in 2017 I had earned $67.95 in rebates.  The last time I blogged about Ibotta in 2019 I was up to $155.50.  Now as of writing this post, $274.33.  That's a lot of money for little effort.  My past posts have detailed instructions on how to claim in store cash back.  Feel free to check out my past posts on Ibotta by clicking here and here.  But for those of you who are new to my blog (welcome BTW) or need a refresher on how the Ibotta app works, I'll briefly show you how easy it is to get cash back on the purchases you already make.  I still recommend you check out my past posts for more detailed instruction on using the Ibotta app.

So one new thing Ibotta has been doing over the last few months is offering "free after rebate" offers on select items.   How on Earth can you say no to that?  The answer is you don't and I have all the (free) Cup Noodles aka "cup of noodles" to prove it.

On a recent trip to Walmart I saw that the Mystery Oreo was "free after offer."
Free Oreos?  And a mystery flavor?  There is nothing like frozen Oreos (you're welcome) so this purchase was a no brainer.

And it just so happened that Walmart had two packages left.  Probably since they were going to expire in March 2020, but that's besides the point.  So I bought them, followed the instructions for claiming a rebate on Ibotta, and got reimbursed more than what I purchased the Oreos for.

It's that easy.

And the flavor was graham cracker.  It was aight.

When I first started using Ibotta you had to scan a physical copy of your receipt to upload for rebate redemption and that is still true for many stores.  My main grocery store, however, no longer provides physical receipts and instead emails you a copy of your store receipt.  For these stores you can still claim cash rebates, but you must link your loyalty card in your Ibotta app.

After you have linked your loyalty card number with the easy to follow instructions, you need to  select all the rebates you are interested in.  I do it before shopping, but I imagine you could do it while you are shopping.  That's just not an option with a 2.5 year old.  Honestly I select almost everything I think I might purchase so if I end up purchasing an item on rebate I qualify for the cash back.  And make sure to include "free after offer items":
Didn't we already establish I have enough Cup Noodles to last a lifetime?  And the cash back on any item purchase, which varies from $0.10 to as much as $1.
Within 24 hours I'll receive a notification on my phone and through email letting me know that I've "got cash" and also alerting me to which items I purchased were eligible for cash back. 
While I encourage you to select items for cash back in the Ibotta app prior to shopping in stores with linked loyalty cards, I have been able to claim rebate on items if I select the rebates in the app immediately after shopping, but this is not a guarantee.  

And for stores where you have to scan a copy of your receipt, I would highly recommend following the steps to claim rebates within a day or two so you don't forget.  Receipts are not eligible for rebate if they are more than 7 days past the date of purchase.

If you're interested in Ibotta sign up with my referral code j6igsw or link here.  I'll receive a referral bonus (thank you!) and you will earn $20 just for using the app.  And then you can invite your friends who invite their friends and receive small dividend as your team grows.  Let's get that cash money!

No comments :

Post a Comment