Thursday, September 19, 2019

Strike a Pose

In the words of Madonna, "strike a pose."  Unless you are a 2 year old who wants to move, move, move and go, go, go.  I had to take an action shot of little man today because I'm loving this affordable outfit.


Get it Carter!  And get it daddy who dressed him today.  Apparently my husband knows a thing or two about fashion.  

In the excitement of having a first child we didn't tend to look at price when shopping.  If my husband or I saw something cute, we HAD to have it for Carter.  And now a days boys clothes are adorable so we want everything.  However, with two kids, and all the costs involved (food, daycare, diapers), we now try to be a little bit more cognizant of the cost of our purchases, especially when it comes to clothing.  Now don't get me wrong, we still splurge every now and then.  The boys are 22 months apart and were born around the same season so we have been lucky to be able to recycle tons of Carter's old clothes.  It's been really fun to see Luke wear the clothes Carter once wore.  Yesterday I hung up all of Carter's former 3-6 month clothes and it gave me all the feels.  It was like taking a walk down memory lane.  I know one day Luke won't want hand me downs, but luckily that day is not today and camo is NEVER going out of style (at least not in my world).  Our go to stores for toddler clothes and great deals are Target, Old Navy, Costco, and Walmart.  Yes I said it, Walmart.  Don't believe me?  The pants he's rocking today...
Walmart.  And those kicks... 

Walmart!

Both the Wrangler Camo Pants and Athletic Sneakers were purchased in store at Walmart for a combined total under $15.  They are fashionable and can be worn various ways.  Camo is on trend and the pants seem like they will be great quality.  Plus grey and white sneakers go with everything!  Blue clothes, black clothes?  It don't matter.  It works!  Grey sneakers are the best.  We will see how long the shoes last, but they feel comparable to Champion, which was my go to shoe brand when Payless was still a thing (RIP Payless, RIP!).  Carter is extremely active and growing like a weed so sneakers only last  him a few months.  Every time I blink I feel like his feet have grown again.  He's currently a toddler size 7 and he just turned 2.  I'm  hoping future NBA all star.  With the price of these shoes I don't feel bad tossing them if and when Carter grows out of them or more likely destroys them playing "ball".  They are far cheaper than the majority of the other sneakers he grew out of after a few wears.  And more money in my wallet and not down the drain makes me a happy mama.

How do you save money on kids clothes?  I would love to hear your secrets in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment