Monday, October 23, 2017

Happy Baby

I'm going to make this short and sweet, trust your gut.  Something told me that my milk supply was not the root of Carter's initial insufficient weight gain.  He was displaying a number of different symptoms of infant reflux so I went back to the pediatrician to get him reevaluated.  And boy am I glad I did.  Carter was prescribed Zantac and I saw an improvement immediately.  Each day he continues to show a significant improvement in reflux symptoms and is no longer having colic.  Sure, he cries at night, especially until he passes gas or poops, but he can be consoled!  He seems so much happier overall.  Happy baby = happy momma!


I'm not sharing our experience to say that medication is the answer for everything, but it was the answer for our situation.  Don't be afraid to follow your instincts.

No comments :

Post a Comment