Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes


My husband has been craving steak.  I, on the other hand, only like meat when I'm in the mood, which is pretty much never.  Unless by meat you mean tuna fish because I love tuna.

Lucky for husband I was sick this weekend, which means he took one for the team and got to pick out groceries or how I like to think about it, whatever he wants to eat.  Since he knew today would be a snow storm, he decided to make a nice steak and potato meal and being the good wife that I am, I agreed to eat whatever he cooked.  

Let's just say dinner was delicious and I'm glad he wanted steak.


I would love to take credit for dinner, but hubs was in charge of the steak.  I won't and can't even pretend to know how he cooks it, but it's the bomb.  Clearly I should have more steak in my life.  I did contribute though with two of my go to sides that are super easy and make for great food presentation:Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus.

Click here for the Roasted Asparagus Recipe

Crispy Parmesan Baked Potatoes
Printable Recipe

Servings: about 4
Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
  • 1/4-1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (powdered or shredded both work)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Clean potatoes and slice in half lengthwise
3. Put about 1/4 cup of the mustard and cheese in separate shallow dishes for dipping (remember you can always add more mustard and cheese as needed)
4. Dip potato cut side down in mustard
5. Then dip in Parmesan cheese
6. Shake off extra cheese and place potatoes cut side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
7. Repeat dipping potatoes in mustard and then cheese until all potatoes are on baking sheet.  Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
8.  Cook potatoes for 30 minutes or until a knife easily pierces through potato and cut side is golden brown
Dish up and enjoy!  I know I did. 

No comments :

Post a Comment