Monday, June 4, 2018

Mondays

Last week I did not eat as healthy as I would like, so of course I didn’t see the results that I would like to see.  I weighed myself this morning and I am back to the exact weight that I started out at. Funnnn....

I can fully admit that I have an unhealthy relationship with food, and my body for that matter, but both have gotten far better than they once were.  I'm a work in progress and that's ok.

Reflecting back on last week, but especially yesterday I see that I have a very hard time with mindful eating. I eat too fast, which is one problem. How do you enjoy what you are consuming when you are shoveling food into your mouth?  But I also don’t stop when I’m full. That is the goal I want to work on this week, mindfulness.  Stopping when I’m full and allowing my body to tell me it’s needs. It’s so funny to watch my son start to eat solids. He takes bite after bite after bite in no rush. And hear I am looking at my 9 month old and wanting to be more like him.  Someone who is less in her head and more mindful and aware in the moment.  Thank you for the lesson my son.

I like Mondays.  They are my acknowledgement of a new week and a chance for self improvement. I could easily beat myself up for the things I did "wrong."  We all have a choice.  You can maintain negativity, self doubt,and self criticism.  Or you can approach everything from the perspective of a learning experience on your path to self growth and discovery while practice positivity.  I choose the later.

Weekly Goals:
  • To workout every day at work during lunch
  • To take my time to eat
  • To work on being mindful
  • To be more present in the moment

No comments :

Post a Comment