Thursday, August 10, 2017

One Pot Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe

Tonight I played Chopped.  Well my version of Chopped, which means I come up with a meal based on what I have in the house.  Currently I have a ton of tomatoes and onions from my CSA box so I wanted to utilize something that incorporated these two vegetables.  Sometimes the creations I come up with are total misses and that is why I am thankful Domino's Pan Pizza is only an Alexa order away.  But other times, like tonight, my meal turns out to be kick ass and something worthy of making again.  On Monday I made a delicious Chicken Murphy inspired dish, but of course I didn't pay attention to the amount of each ingredient I added so recreating that meal is going to suck.  But I'm going to do it because it was that good.  Lucky for me, I added all the ingredients I used into MyFitnessPal tracker.  Go team! 

This recipe is crazy easy, does not dirty many dishes, and comfortably fills up one person.  This could serve a couple as a side if consumed with a main protein, like a chicken cutlet.  Now I want a chicken cutlet...

One Pot Cherry Tomato Pasta
Servings: 1


Ingredients:
  • 3 ounces dry spaghetti 
  • 1 medium onion, chopped, approximately 100 grams
  • 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, omit if you don't like a little heat
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup and 2 tablespoons water
  • 1.5 tablespoons fat free half & half
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan Reggiano cheese
  • Parsley
Directions:
1.  Combine spaghetti, onions, cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, olive oil, and water in a large skillet
2.  Bring ingredients to a boil over high heat
3.  Once boiling cook pasta for 9 minutes, or until al dente and water has evaporated, stirring frequently
4. After pasta is cooked remove pan from heat and mix in half & half and all but 1 tablespoon Parmesan Reggiano cheese
5.  Serve immediately and top with parsley for color and remaining Parmesan Reggiano cheese

I would definitely recommend serving this pasta with a chicken cutlet or sliced sausage for a little more protein, however, it makes a delicious vegetarian dish on its own.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment