Monday, August 14, 2017

Chimichurri Sauce / Marinade Recipe


 MONDAY
Yesterday I didn't get a chance to post, but the only vegetable I ate was a tomato with my cheese quesadillas.


I had plans of making dinner for my husband since I hadn't seen him in 6 days, but instead we decided to order pizza and spend some quality time together, you know, watching Claws.  Love me some Desna and her crew.

TUESDAY
Monday I marinated a skirt steak in homemade chimichurri with the plans of eating the steak that night.  Because we don't waste food (or that's the goal) dinner was chimichurri steak, mashed potatoes, and mozzarella topped tomatoes.  



Chimichurri is super easy to make in the food processor.  I always make extra sauce as I like to top my meat with it.  Whatever chimichurri sauce you don't use can be stored in the fridge for up to a week in a air tight container.   

Chimichurri Sauce / Marinade
Ingredients:
1 cup parsley, leaves removed from stems (about 1/2 of bunch depending on size)
1 small shallot
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup olive oil (If you prefer a thicker sauce reduce the olive oil to approximately 1/4 cup)

Directions:
1.  Combine wet ingredients into a pourable container.  Set aside.
2.  Add parsley, shallot, garlic, and spices to food processor.


3.  Turn on food processor and pour in wet ingredients blending ingredients until dry ingredients are finely chopped.
4. Use as a marinade for the meat of your choosing

Chimichurri goes great with  red meat, poultry, and fish / seafood.  You can use the sauce as a base and a sauce to top cooked meat.  I also served a side of sliced heirloom tomatoes topped with mozzarella, basil, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.



This is by far one of my favorite snacks.  It is easy to make and looks pretty.  Plus my dog loves tomatoes so he is a fan.  


Tonight's meal Incorporated a number of veggies in my CSA box.  Tonight we finished all the potatoes and some of the parsley, garlic, shallots, and tomatoes.  


2 days of veggie eating down, 5 days to go.

No comments :

Post a Comment