Sunday, August 13, 2017

Another week, another box of veggie goals

I got 99 problems, but a 1/2 bushel of organic veggies ain't one, HIT ME!

A month ago I made it my goal to eat all the veggies that came in my CSA box.  I chronicled my week starting here posting pictures of what I ate as well as sharing some recipes like my basic pesto.  Ultimately I did not meet my goal and tossed some vegetables.  For those of you who know me, I hate wasting food.  It goes with my hoarding nature.  For the most part I've eaten 90-95% of the weekly vegetable box.  However, last week I did end up freezing some onions and shallots because... let's be real, a girl can only eat so many onions and shallots before she is over it!  I'm convinced they give me heartburn.  Or it could be the baby in my belly?  Either way...  At least I didn't toss any vegetables last week.  I would say that is progress.

This week I'm going back to the goal of consuming ALL the veggies I have before I pick up next Sunday's box.  And I don't want to have to freeze any items this week.  I'm going to chronicle what I eat if it includes a vegetable from my box and share recipes again if any of them are share worthy.  In fact I'm getting hungry right now writing about food so I will cut this post short.

The items I received this week are pictured above.  I'm sad that the farm told us we would not be receiving any more Jersey corn, but I'm excited at the variety of the different vegetables I got this week including:


Stay tuned to see if I can reach my weekly goal.  "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I CAN!"

No comments :

Post a Comment