Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Zoodles for days

I LOVE spaghetti and meatballs.  It is the epitome of comfort food.  My waist, however, doesn't love it so much.  I use to be able to polish off anything I wanted and still have a banging body.  The joys of youthful metabolism!  Now I have to work for it.

Zoodles are a great alternative to pasta.  For those of you who haven't jumped on the zoodles bandwagon they are noodles made out of zucchini (or any other vegetable for that matter).
Thanks to zoodles I can eat my beloved spat and balls at least once a week.  Is it as good as traditional spaghetti and meatballs?  No.  But it's a great quick and healthy substitute.

There are lots of different ways to cook noodles, but I tend to microwave them for 2 minutes in a microwave safe container.  The trick with zucchinis is you have to make sure you drain any excess liquid or you will have a soggy bowl of zoodles.  Zucchinis are great and filling, but loaded with water so do not skip this step.  Once the zucchini noodles are cooked I place them in a colander and use paper towels to absorb any extra liquid.
It's that easy.

Top your zoodles off with some healthy turkey meatballs, homemade marinara, and fresh grated parm and you have a filling meal in less than 10 minutes.
Dinner solved.



No comments :

Post a Comment